giovedì 18 marzo 2010

Barbie Goes Mad (Men)

Ok, I'm not a dolls collector or a fan of collector dolls and tv show merchandising, but Barbie Collector Mad Men Dolls seems to be the ultimate object of desire!


Not necessarily the men, which look kind of weird as usual - and by the way a real Jon Hamm would be unbeatable... - but Betty and Joan dolls are fabulous!!

They're molded of Silkstone®, a material that looks and weight like porcelaine and they come with gorgeous accessories (even though there's no trace of cigarettes and martini glasses...what a mistake!) and details: there's even Joan's infamous pen necklace!!

But what I like more about these dolls is they not only are pretty good and faithful to their show counterparts, but they remind me a lot of the real '60s Barbie dolls - face, legs and body shape - so different from the modern ones!

Barbie Collector Mad Men Dolls will be available to purchase from July 2010, when Mad Men season 4 will premiere, for a suggested retail price of $74.95.

5 commenti:

L'armadio del delitto ha detto...

Nonostante non sia un'appassionata di Barbie, quanto mi piacciono queste! Molto più chic delle Barbie anni 80 che ho avuto!

Dotti ha detto...

That's cool! But nothing for me either...

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE ha detto...

These are just great! I have a Tippi Hedron from The Birds Barbie that I love. I might have to start a new collection now! xo.

carolyn ha detto...

these look amazing!! I have good memories of my own Barbies, but none of them looked this classy...

Every Little Counts ha detto...

oh, i think i need them all!