giovedì 3 gennaio 2008

I Am A Ghost And So Are You

I discovered only recently the art of Caitlin Shearer and I'm amazed by her work. She's from Australia and she's only 18 but she has a great style, a strong artistic identity.
Her dreamy girls remind me of Gustav Klimt and Egon Schiele's work, but there are also modern symbolism, poetry and a contemporary fascinating look at fashion universe.

Apple Maidens


Lady Bird


Ersatz


I asked her to answer some questions to know more about her world...

TELL US A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOURSELF.

I am 18 and going to art school next year. I like patent leather shoes and cinnamon toast and see through dresses.

WHAT INSPIRE YOU?

Patrick Wolf, fashion collections.

WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTISTS?

J.W Waterhouse, Klimt, Lilly Piri, Riika Sormunen.

WHAT PROJECTS DO YOU HAVE FOR THE FUTURE?

I want to make books with my poetry and illustrations. I also want to start sewing dresses, and to begin a design collective with my friends.

WHAT'S YOUR PROFESSIONAL GOAL TO ACHIEVE THIS YEAR?

Just to get through art school and create things that I'm content with.

Ersatz 30


She sells prints and originals ans she's open to commissions, freelance jobs and editorial work too: just send her a line :-)


You can find Caitin Shearer on MySpace, Flickr and Deviant Art.

Thank you Caitlin, I'm sure you'll do great things and will accomplish what you have set in mind :-)

3 commenti:

Seeker ha detto...

Yes, I think she has a strong artistic identity.
Have you ever see the drawings of Izar?
They are also great!!!!!!!
I've a link in my blog to her DeviantART, you should look it.

Unknown ha detto...

I love her paintings!

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ The Seeker: thank you for the link, I didn't know Izar but had a look at her DeviantArt right now her work is nice too :-)