martedì 1 aprile 2008

The Camille Skirt

It was time for a new DYI project and it was time for a new skirt. A red one, cause even if red is my favorite color, I had not red skirts. Until yesterday at least!

Thank you to Camille - my new hero - and her fabulous blog, and despite of my awful sewing skills, now there is a new skirt in my closet.

Inspired by Miu Miu Spring 2008 collection,


Camille made some wonderful "miu miu-esque puff skirts" and days ago she posted a detailed tutorial for making them. All of my previous sewing project have gone bad, but I knew I had to try this one, so I bought a nice red cotton fabric and keeping my fingers crossed (well, not really) I began to sew...

I made it a little bit longer than the ones Camille made, so it looks a little bit less poufy, but I still like it!
After an hour these are the results:




Can't wait to make another one! And maybe a shorter one too. I think it should looks perfect with a pair of little ice skater boots...

10 commenti:

Jovana ha detto...

It's so cute! I can't remember when I last did some DIY, and seeing that skirt on Camille and now you, makes me want to make one too.

Anonimo ha detto...

you have such a lovely blog! all theese nice old pictures!!!! great!!

BeautyPopStar ha detto...

Hello Cupcake! I love the red skirt... I am looking for one myself here in LDN.

Fleurette ha detto...

I must say you have such a beautiful face! it's ridiculous!

camille ha detto...

it looks great! glad i could inspire you. :)

Elizabeth ha detto...

I love it!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse ha detto...

Pretty! Everything looks twice as nice against that bold, bright wall of yours as well.

Jello on Springs ha detto...

love it, and ahh i want some ice skater boots with a chunky heel, urban outfitters had some but they were too expensive and now that they're on sale, they don't have my size anymore, grr

Anonimo ha detto...

Oh, this is really nice, I want to make one for me!!

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ jovana, beautypostar, enc, mer: thanks! It was so easy to make :-)

@ little parisienne: thank you, I love old photos!!!

@ fleurette: well, thank you, I'm blushing!

@ camille: as I wrote, you're my new hero!

@ theclotheshorse: all the rooms in my place are bright colored (blackcherry red, sage green, peacock blue...) but I need a new camera to show them properly!

@ jelloonsprings: those kind of booties are really popular but it seems they're also a little difficult to find!!