mercoledì 16 luglio 2008

The Awarded Day

I feel like a celebrity today cause the lovely Kater of All This Happiness awarded me...2 times! If you've never visited her blog you totally should, cause I'm sure you'll love it. Actually it's one of my favorites; her posts are always so deeply clever and so amazingly well written.

So, thank you so much Kater, it's an honour to receive a mention from someone you really admire :-)


The rules are:
1. when received, you may post the premio to your blog
2. link to the blogger you received it from
3. give it to 7 blogs (like Kater, I'll pass this one to 5 blogs)
4. link to those 7 blogs
5. and leave those 7 bloggers a comment about receiving the brilliant premio!


Take the prettiest button ever, pick five blogs, and let them know you love them!

Like in a Beauty Queen competition, it's time to proudly pass the crown to someone else. As Kater, I'll pick five of my favorite blogs and I'll give them both the awards :-)
The winners are:

The Clothes Horse
cause her posts, in a similar way to Kater's ones, are so well written, deep and marvellous. I always feel a beautiful sense of sweet melancholy and nostalgia in her writings. And a good pinch of healthy irony :-)

Sally Jane
cause she's a treasure huntress with excellent thrifting skills. She loves found objects and abandoned buildings as much as me and she's not scared of using a tripod in public :-)

The Apathist
cause Meg is the quintessential thinker fashionista, she can interestingly writes about bidding on vintage Lanvins and then write a magnificent post on an amazing artist. She also has a great music taste :-)

Auburn and Ivory
cause her blog is always inspirational and reading through it I often discover new artists and interesting links. Not to mention wonderful tutorials, like this one about paper flowers :-)

The Snail and The Cyclops
cause I strongly believe she owns a time machine so she can travels the time whenever she wants, bringing us marvellous pictures, objects and dreamy clothes from the good times gone by :-)

19 commenti:

Sally Jane Vintage ha detto...

Thank you so much! You're very sweet to include me in your list. :)

Meg ha detto...

Aww shucks! I'm sort of completely delighted! It makes me want to blog even more. Thanks so much AliceP! =)

Anonimo ha detto...

thank you for introducing me to great new blogs!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse ha detto...

Ah, thank you so much for the award! I always feel rather shamed by your posts, they tend to be so informative and knowledgable!
I think I should watch more Italian old films...any suggestions?

Siljesfashion ha detto...

Lovely ladies, yourself included.

Emilia Jane ha detto...

Oh my goodness! Thank you so much! I'm tickled and delighted to be part of that group! Especially my east coast fashion hero - the snail and the cyclops!

Francesca ha detto...

Oh! Thank you so, so, so much!! What sweetness to send my way! You have such a lovely eye for wonderful things so I'm honored to be included in the list!

Anonimo ha detto...

oo you picked some of my favorites! I'm so glad someone else has read kavalier & clay (one of my new favorites, I was so sad when it ended), i should really check out the escapist comic series too, and I was definitely planning to look into chabon's other books, now I'm gonna rush out and get them because you recommended them. btw, would you like to trade links?

EvaAmarri ha detto...

Congrats

Anonimo ha detto...

wow, I always find interesting links here!!

Elisabeth ha detto...

Congrats on the award!

Danz ha detto...

Congrats on both awards! :D

Siljesfashion ha detto...

Fun stuff!

/// ha detto...

EEEEK--- CONGRATULATIONS, DEAR! :)

Sam ha detto...

gratz on the award!
and great picks, many of my favs.

Anonimo ha detto...

It was so interesting to reat about you )))

Vain and Vapid ha detto...

Congrats on the awards, you do have an awesome blog ....

Times of Glory ha detto...

You are truly amazing, dear! You totally deserve it! Since your posts are simply gorgeous xxxxxxx

Jenaveve ha detto...

Congratulations!! And totally deserved. I'm off to check out some of the blogs you have nominated.