mercoledì 23 luglio 2008

Disco Revenge

I always talk about my love for 50s clothes, but only a few people know my addiction to Disco Era...
Something weird and unpredictable indeed: I don't like to dance and I didn't like clubs even when I was younger, but movies like Saturday Night Fever make me want to dress like a vintage disco queen...

Actually, the biggest part of the dresses in my wardrobe are from 50s or 50s inspired but another good percentage is from late 70s/early 80s, as well. A party or a night out are always good occasions for wearing one of my bold, sparkling Studio 54dresses.









Studio 54, on 254 West 54th Street, Manhattan was the place for the most outrageous, thrilling, unsafe nightlife ever. The 90% of the stories about the uber-famous disco are not legends but facts...

Although I'm a super safe girl in real life, I love to watch old Studio 54 videos and "collages of pictures" on You Tube:





And I admit, like Bianca Jagger on her birthday party, I'd like a spectacular entrance on a white horse...

16 commenti:

Sharon S ha detto...

Lovely dresses, totally inspirational of the time too!!

WendyB ha detto...

Just "Studio 54" not THE Studio 54 ;-)
That picture of Bianca is great.

Selina (Flying Saucer) ha detto...

what a visual treat! the balloons are almost as great as your dresses, pink is lovely on you.

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ wendyb: thank you ;-)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse ha detto...

I love these dresses. As bad as things became at Studio 54, I wish it was still around, I would have liked to have gone at least once...

softspoken ha detto...

the balloons make this so fun :)

Anonimo ha detto...

wow I love how colorful your dresses are!

Anonimo ha detto...

pink look fantastic on you

Thu ha detto...

great dresses! and cute background as well.

Meg ha detto...

I love, love, love the first dress, and I don't even like pink all that much! You have the perfect colouring for it - and I love the balloons, is it just me or are balloons not used enough these days?

Siljesfashion ha detto...

Love your post as well! The first dress is spectacular and such a great color on you! Bianca looks fab as always.

FASHION CHALET ha detto...

Great dress and I love the balloons, they give off such a perfect effect.

^_^ Thank you for your comments.

Vain and Vapid ha detto...

Those pictures of you are absolutely lovely, I love that pink one-shoulder dress.

Emily ha detto...

I love those dresses, the colors are fantastic!

Anonimo ha detto...

Want to exchange blog links? Mine is http://valentinechild.blogspot.com and the name is Fashion Juice. Your link is already up on mine :D <3

Ashleigh ha detto...

what adorable photos! I love the color of the dress