sabato 15 maggio 2010

Doppio Sogno

Considering David Lynch is one of my favorite directors, I was anxiously waiting for the third chapter of the Lady Dior saga, Lady Blue. Considering in my opinion Lynch is passing through his personal midlife - new age filled - crisis, I was a bit afraid of the results.

But I actually know no one like him is able to represent subtle and universal fears in a mesmerizing way*, even in commercials and not merely artistic products, so...

It's been 20 years since Twin Peaks and almost 10 since Mulholland Drive and now Lynch hits Shanghai, one of the darkest and most fascinating cities in the world and after Naomi Watts, Laura Dern and all the others great Lynch's ladies, it's time for Marion Cotillard to be "in trouble".


In Mulholland Drive there was that mysterious blue box, in Lady Blue there's a mysterious Lady Dior handbag someone left in Marion's hotel room...

Devote 12 of your minutes to the short movie below and you will be rewarded.



* I also strongly believe Lynch has the best hairstyle in Hollywood, but well, that's another story ;-)

3 commenti:

Ms. Bunbury ha detto...

WOW! thnk you for letting me discover this masterpiece..Love this! msbx

L'armadio del delitto ha detto...

Bravo David Lynch!
E cosa dire del vestito di Marion?

Anonimo ha detto...

This is so weird, romantic and awesome!!! the purse is so pretty and i like the part about the bouncing pearls creating music. I should watch Twin Peaks. My friend is obssessed with the show! :)