domenica 17 febbraio 2008

Oops, I thought once again...

In these days I read several posts about blogging and I questioned myself too. Sometimes I think I'm here writing only about silly, frivoulous things, and probably it's true! Despite my far from perfect English, I never thought I could write this blog in a different language, even if maybe if I wrote them in italian, my posts could be a bit more interesting, clever, smart... At least a little bit longer and articulated!
I'm into the blogosphere only from last October and I know I'm here for fun. Not here to tell you about my personal life: I'm a 27 years old girl...a little bit too old for the "Dear Diary"... Also, I'm not here to show people how great is my style or how great are things I do. I'm not a fashion guru and I don't think at all I'm the greatest jewelry designer.
What I know for sure is there are tons of good blogs everywhere and I try to read my favorites - both "big guns" and "newly born" - everyday. There's more to live than a blog, but after a working day, after personal issues and everyday life I love that single moment when I seat in front of my pc and I read a good entry seeing beautiful pictures. It's relaxing. It's what I need, nothing too complicated.

That's the point, I hope people arriving here, in this pink silly place, could just spend a nice moment reading the silly posts this silly girl keeps writing!

15 commenti:

Riikka Aaltonen ha detto...

I've thought a lot about the lingual stuff too.
My english is quite fluent, but my vocabulary seems inadequate and I really cannot express nearly everything I'd like to.
(Even though I've studied in english for three years.)

Writing in english instead of finnish feels like having one third of your brain paralyzed. Or drawing with your left hand.
But I'm still happy I went international with this whole blogging thing. I truly feel that I have a lot more to offer now than I did in my old blog.

Wendy ha detto...

Very well put. I like your blog and will definitely keep reading.

Monika ha detto...

i have the same issues like you - people often think that my blog is quite girly and "about fashion" - it's not at all! that's why i started to write rude things and swear all the time. *lol* and english isn't my first language! :-) let's be friends *grin*

etta ha detto...

Don't worry! I really like to read your posts and watch amazing photos you have taken! Keep going that way! (And my English isn't good eather!)

Anonimo ha detto...

I've thought about same issues as well. I think I'm rather talented writer in my native tongue but I didn't want to limit my blog only for Finnish audience. Sometimes I doubt if my scribbles have any value whatsoever but I don't feel like being a part of Finnish blogosphere either (our style and fashion blogs are a tad different from international ones). Anyways, I enjoy reading your blog and I keep coming back here again and again.

Selina (Flying Saucer) ha detto...

your pink posts are the best! keep up the good work, go with the natural blog flow

LDF ha detto...

It amazes me when people write blogs in a foreign language.
You're writing is great!

Ms. Kate ha detto...

I will keep reading!

Anonimo ha detto...

Hi Alice,
I just found your blog and I am a brand new fan :) I like your posts, keep going

from Rach

bronwyn ha detto...

I totally love your blog, your dressing style, your jewelry and your lovely colourful sense of fun.

Jill ha detto...

I think it's great that you write posts in a second language. I would consider that but I don't think I'm good enough. This is my first time stopping by, but I've read a couple of your past posts and I like it. Keep it up.

AlicePleasance ha detto...

Thank you all for the comments :-)

Guerreira ha detto...

Hey, I so identify with your post, also English not being my first language and also having a pink, a bit silly blog that makes me happy! I really liked your blog, it's definitely going to be on my daily readings!

Dot Went Shopping ha detto...

You express yourself quite well in writing and in your style! :) Love reading your entries. :)

Dot Went Shopping ha detto...

You express yourself quite well in writing and in your style! :) Love reading your entries. :)