venerdì 9 maggio 2008

Revenge Of The Nerds

It seems I'm really into latest trends recently...but I needed a new pair of glasses cause my yellow ones (yes, I said yellow!)from Valentino are now 7 years and I had to buy a pair of new lenses at least! I use glasses only in front of pc/tv and I wear them in public almost only when I go to the movie cause I'm just a little bit astigmatic and I don't need glasses all the day.
I skipped (for now) the Wayfarer sunglasses trend, but looking at all the great photos on street style sites, I fell for the nerdy chic version with clear lenses...





Photos: 1. Hoy Fashion 2-3. Face Hunter 4. Punky-B

and of course Enid from Ghost World...


So, as I wait for a little extra money to buy a "real" (= expensive) pair, I bought a super cheap pair of clear dorky glasses on Ebay and I added prescriptions lenses



Next time I'll search for a pair of cateyes...my dream!!!


Image courtesy: Plan59

18 commenti:

dance with me forever ha detto...

omg, glasses are everywhere i round the blog xp! but those glasses are cute on you!

Jello on Springs ha detto...

ooh i've always wanted a pair of cateyes but worry that they would look awful with my round face. Your hair looks darker, did you dye it black?

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ helvetica: thank you :-) I'm really predictable lately!

@ jello on springs: I never tried on cateyes so maybe the wouldn't look good on me, but I heart them!My hair are always been black (when I was a child people often asked my mother if she dyed me!!!), maybe is just the photo that finally show the real color
;-)

rg. ha detto...

Good call! Very chic

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse ha detto...

I need more glasses. I really like all the ridiculously oversized ones.

EvaAmarri ha detto...

Those glasses would look totally horrific on me. They look splendid on you

Sam ha detto...

those glasses look great on you!
i can't wait until the year is up and i can get a new pair of glasses.

Grace. ha detto...

lol cateyes are my dream to.
the other look super cute though.

lee jones ha detto...

there's no doubt about it
le geek c'est chic.

Anonimo ha detto...

I KNEW I was cool when I insisted on wearing my "dressing up" glasses exactly like them in public! Big, Square and slightly geeky is definitely the way to go!

Anonimo ha detto...

NICE PICS AND GLASSES

Anonimo ha detto...

aw wow the glasses look ace on you!!love the blog as well :D
xo

Romeika ha detto...

This is a great title for this post, although most of these street style nerds put on these glasses on purpose (duh!).. It's funny to remind how I hated my glasses when I had to wear them all the time, and how happy I was when I only needed to do so by writing, reading.. But u do pull them off!

Anonimo ha detto...

I love that trend, only, I have not discovered a pair for myself yet. I wish I had copped some in Tokyo, when I had the chance.

yiqin; ha detto...

I want a nice quirky specs too!

Fruchtzwerg ha detto...

sweet nerdy girls, especially the first and the last girl! Not many girls can pull off that look. You look great in the glasses.

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ the clothes horse: ...and you surely will look great in them!

@ fashion ivy, elisabeth mccoubrie, fruchtzwerg: thanks, I'm blushing :-)

@ devon maid: I bet a pair of cateyes will be mine soon!!!

@ mysterycreature: *LOL* I wore big square black glasses too when I was 14. They were really similar to these one indeed!

@ romeika: I agree with you! I wore glasses till I was in High School.

@ the kitten: I bet you look great with this kind of glasses!

Anonimo ha detto...

Very cute i love the fashion and the Wayfarer Sunglasses.