domenica 11 maggio 2008

A Summer Place

I'm lucky enough to live in a "Summer place", only 10 minutes (by bicyle) away from the beaches - sand or stone, we have both. Although I don't like a lot to live in a small town with not so much space for social life, when Summer comes things are a little better and at least you can spend a lazy day to the sea or to the country wich is really near and really wonderful too...

Today I decided to take a look to the flea market we have here once a month, but it was disappointing and I ended up buying only this


after the woman from the stall of "vintage" clothing and accessories (the only one in the whole market) was crazy enough to ask me: 35 Euros for a hat, 125 for a not-so-great dress and...320 for a bag...I'm sure this night I will dream about a Midwest estate sale!
After this madness I decided to go by the sea for a promenade. The weather was so beautiful, warm and sunny and there was plenty of people. It's still a bit too cold for a bath for me (I need really hot weather!!!) but the walk was extremely relaxing and nice and the gelato I ate later was extremely nice as well ;-)





The battery of my camera decided to leave me when I tried to take a photo of my outfit on location, so...here we are with the yellow wall, again!



And this is what I was wearing yesterday and I was not able (= too lazy) to post till now...


Dresses are vintage and you can finally see my platform sandals from Kurt Geiger (bought via Ebay, of course!) in action. They make me feel so high but they're also very comfortable :-)

8 commenti:

Skye ha detto...

the view is awesome! I would give a lot to live near a beach but the only sand I see in summer is the one of the beach volleyball field =)

Always In Style ha detto...

I'm all for vintage dealers making a living but some of those prices are ridiculously high!

Blicious ha detto...

love your blog!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse ha detto...

Those shoes rock and your pendant is gorgeous.

Anonimo ha detto...

LOVELY DRESSES

N/OutofFashion ha detto...

Beautiful outfits!

The beach looks wonderful too

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ skye: I don't live by the beach, but 10 minutes awy is a good compromise!

@ always in style: prices are often crazy here, it seems vintage is for VIP only!!!

@ b.licious, fashionpics, n/outoffashion: thanks!

@ the clothes horse: thank you! I thought of it for months but I never had a chance to buy it till now!

The Freelancer's FashionBlog ha detto...

oh wow that blue dress is wonderful!