mercoledì 1 ottobre 2008

The Mystery Man

I've always been curious about details. That's probably why I studied history of cinema and film criticism. When I was a teen the internet was still far away from me - I can't imagine that now! - and it was really difficult to find more informations about movies, shows, designers, artists and things I was interested in. Now it's so easy...all I have to do is a quick research on Google et alii. Sometimes I feel this is making me too lazy!

By the way, it happens that sometimes I stumble upon a "mystery object" or, in this case, a mystery man.

I fell in love with Jon Bergman's photos some months ago, but I don't know anything about the artist. No bios. No news. Just a wonderful portfolio.

At first this lack of informations made me anxious, but I've soon realized that probably his wonderful portfolio worth more than a detailed biography...








Slightly Virgin Suicides...






10 commenti:

Meg ha detto...

You're right, the virgin suicides was my first thought when I saw these. There's something almost eerie about the girls in them though, like they're not completely present.

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE ha detto...

these are stunning. i also picked up a sophia coppola vibe.

nitovuori ha detto...

While the photography is beautiful, I must say I'm a bit tired of this way of portraying women. These girls look like they're on drugs or something.

Plus, it's impossible to play Twister in heels :/

Meaghan Kelly ha detto...

wonderful! :) all your posts are beautiful!

Anonimo ha detto...

amazing photos!

Vain and Vapid ha detto...

Wow, these are just beautiful. I love the warm nostalgic quality these photos have...


Yay to film majors, I was one too...

Marc de Gondolfo ha detto...

nice atmosphere :)

TheMinx ha detto...

These are really cool, they have a great energy about them.

mademoiselleb ha detto...

Oooh queste fotografie sono bellissime ! Hai ragione, fanno pensare al Virgin Suicide ! ♥

andrea ha detto...

Ciao Alice- queste foto sono belle! :D