mercoledì 5 agosto 2009

Between The Covers

If you're in London you can't miss Between the Covers: Women's Magazines and their Readers , an exhibition that charts the evolution of women's magazines from the 17th century to the present day, showcasing some of the most influential and innovative titles and telling the stories behind their success.


Women change and magazines reflect this change, we know it has always happened but it's amazing to have a direct look at all this, facing troubles and needs women had had during the last 300 years, from home economics to cheerful gossip!





The exhibition is due to run until August 29th at The Women's Library, London Metropolitan University, 25 Old Castle Street, London E1 7NT.
Entrance is free.

11 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Wow this looks amazing. Thanks so much for posting. I live close to London so there's no excuse not to see it really. I hope I can catch it! Love love love those covers 'The Boyfriend' is so darling! Polly x

GG ha detto...

This sounds amazing! Hopefully I can get down to London to see it before the end of August! Thanks for sharing.

Ariella ha detto...

I simply adore vintage magazines for that - they're such an inspiration. I would love to go to London now and see that exhibition.

Unknown ha detto...

these vintage covers are so pretty - just lovely!
xox
www.froufroufashionista.blogspot.com

Anonimo ha detto...

This is so interesting! I wish I was in London to see this exhibit!

The cover of that Boyfriend magazine makes me laugh! =) It's so cute!

Witchcrafted Life ha detto...

Ooohhh, so very awesome! I wish I could justify a trip to London just to see this exhibit (I'm a huge magazine - both past and present - fan). Thank you for posting about this, sweetie, I hadn't heard about it yet.

Have a beautiful day!
♥ Jessica

jenn♥ ha detto...

The dress on the cover of Boyfriend is so sweet! I would most definately wear that, with a cute bouffant hair-do.

♥♥

Amelia ha detto...

Ooh, I wish I could see this. The evolution of things like this fascinates me.

Anonimo ha detto...

Those vintage photos are so inspiring.

KY ha detto...

This looks very interesting, I wish I could go to London!

PinkBow ha detto...

my university dissertation was on women & magazine advertising, wish i lived closer to see it