mercoledì 26 agosto 2009

Styling Anna

Awhile ago I was invited by Kathrin Leist, journalist and blogger for Two For Fashion , to take part in a very special and fun campaign...


They sent the paper doll above, which is incidentally named Anna like me, all around the world to a conspicuous number of fashion bloggers, asking them to dress her the way they thought she should be dressed in their city.
The occasion was entirely up to us: Anna could be styled for dancing, shopping, surfing,...and of course we could use all sorts of medium, from digital techniques like Photoshop effects, to collage, paint, etc.
All Annas have been included then in a diashow as part of the exhibition Catwalk, hosted by Vogue Germany at the NRW-Forum and featured weekly on Two For Fashion .

To style a paper doll? When I was a child I adored to do it (and occasionaly I still do it...!) so of course I immediately accepted to jump on the bandwagon!




I didn't want to create an everyday look for my Anna, so I thought to play just with simple shapes and plain geometry, building the whole outfits. Other sources of
inspiration were 80s fashion, color blocks (an obsession of mine,
yuo know) and two famous Annas: Anna Piaggi, for her colorful personality (no pun intended!), and Anna Dello Russo, for the sculptural approach to fashion.


It's very fun to look at all the Annas each fashion blogger made; these below are just my favorites, but you can check the whole set here





12 commenti:

L'armadio del delitto ha detto...

Che bella idea! Invece non so se viene da me, ma quando clicco sui link nel post, nessuna pagina si apre :(

AlicePleasance ha detto...

@ L'armadio: colpa mia, ora ho risolto! Grazie per avermelo fatto presente :-)

Dina's Days ha detto...

How cute! I love the heart one.

Poke Salad Annie ha detto...

wow, these are really neat :)

PinkBow ha detto...

what an amazing idea, i love them all!

Greetz from Tiz ha detto...

che bella cosa!viva la creatività!I like yours a lot!
Anna veramente ci dobbiamo inventare qualcosa...domani o venerdi vengo da te!;-))

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse ha detto...

Those are so fun! I love paper dolls.

Meaghan Kelly ha detto...

wow! these are so amazing!!! i love that you made them with shapes!!! what a fantastic project!

Scientific Housewife ha detto...

Very cute ideas! I love the shapes! Don't forget to sign up for my beauty giveaway! http://scientifichousewife.blogspot.com/2009/08/my-first-giveaway.html

violetville ha detto...

Anna, this is a *wonderful* idea, and I *love* your colorful and fun interpretations! All the rest are extremely interesting too. I love the idea of dressing the doll as appropriate to each person's particular city - not just each person's particular (personal) taste! I hope they continue to do projects like this!!

Dotti ha detto...

Anna, Anna! I love your Anna. ;)

Witchcrafted Life ha detto...

Oh how seriously fun! Congrats on being selected to style Anna, I really like the styled spin you gave her couture-eque look.

Wishing you a gorgeous Friday, hon!
♥ Jessica